- Encourage use of entire course material in critical analysis of specific
- Provide a link between the theory taught in class and
contemporary ethical questions.
- Develop oral communication skills.
- Term 1 - an assignment of a topic and ethical dilemma to the students.
Term 2 - engaging the students in selecting contemporary debate topics and
defining the ethical questions.
- Students prepare in class debates for a 10-minute presentation in class.
- A lecture is devoted to presenting the assignment to students and
providing tips for debate preparation.
- Two lectures are devoted to presenting
the debates in front of a teacher-student audience.
- Debaters take audience
questions as part of the assignment.
- One lecture per term for presenting the assignment (2 hours per term).
- Two lectures
per term for oral in-class presentations (4 hours per term).