Homework Problems 2
1. For the glucose sensor that we fabricated in class, design an experiment to obtain Km value. State what kind of measurements are necessary under what conditions.
2. How can one make a diffusion-controlled biosensor?
3. What would be the flow dependency (i.e., the effect of agitation of the measurement medium) of the biosensor output for:
(a) kinetically controlled biosensor
(b) diffusion-controlled biosensor
4. How can you determine whether a biosensor is diffusion-controlled or kinetics-controlled without the information on Vmax, d, KM, and Ds.
5. State your criterion on selecting the outer and the inner membrane for a glucose sensor intended for implantation in a human body. Consider long term stability, biocompatibility, and fast response time.