|Course 10 Course 12|
We will discuss in this course:
|A) The assigned work||C) The GTK-6 project status|
|B) Assignments for Course 12||D) View video|
A) Discuss Course 11 assignments:
Do you have any questions or comments regarding the assigned work?The following form is no longer maintained and is shown for informational purposes only.
B) Assignments for Course 12:
1. Prepare a short (max. 2 pages), clear presentation, outlining the main ideas of Text A: Chapter 13. Pay particular attention to:
Ch. 13: The American Dilemma
- which are the main strengths of the United States?
- which are its main weaknesses?
- what are the historic reasons for this?
- how do you think the current policies of encouraging globalization will affect the U.S. economy?
- how it will affect your career?
2. Research a U.S. industry you that is of particular interest to you. Discuss its current status and future trends in the light of globalization. Characteristics, positive and negative aspects, in the context of the U.S. development.
3. Read and comment on the assigned case study.
4. Discuss: "Working in the U.S. for a foreign multinational firm such as: Honda, Siemens, BMW, etc. ":
- what do you think it is important to know, if you are a U.S. national?
- what if you are that firm's country national?
- what would be some of the important employment problems?
- what do you think would be important for your advancement in the firm?
5. Discuss: "Ethical issues in the global economy"
- favors, pay-backs are common in many countries in order to get business contracts. Should be anything done, on an international scale to curb this habit?
- there are many countries that do not have adequate labor and environmental laws and practices. Should a foreign company open a subsidiary or joint venture in one of these countries? What type of policies should the company adopt?
- labor is very cheap in many third world countries. Is it ethical for many companies to relocate operations in these countries and create unemployment in their own country?
- find other ethical questions that interest you and comment...
Link your work here.
C) GTK-6 project status: Comment on the work of your team and your assignments. Any questions?
D) View the video: "Discussion with Alex Trotman (Ford)"