Well, the long and tedious task of designing Sid the Squid is virtually complete. The rest of the work lies in the hands of the toy manufacturers if they decide to actually produce this lovable aquatic companion. Few alterations would have to be made to the design, though, before it could be developed for the open market, as I am pretty sure I was overly ambitious by placing so many state-of-the-art components into Sid the Squid. The most cost-effective materials would have to be researched and selected for use and features would have to be tested and reviewed by actual consumers to assess playability. I am confident that the premise behind Sid the Squid is a fairly good one, in that it seems like a toy that could provide a fun pool time experience for anyone with a light heart and a healthy imagination. In reality, it could be a rather complicated toy to construct because it has many components that may malfunction in an aquatic environment. There would need to be special precautions taken to prevent any of the electronic or mechanical components from being accosted by the water. It can be done...of that I am sure.

This class, for me, was a real eye-opener. I learned that the amazing images on the extra-ordinary web pages I see are not out of my realm of production. HTML was always foreign to me until Dave let the wonders of web page production into my jaded little mind. After this class, I am now seriously contemplating a career or sub-career in the world of graphics design or computer and web programming. I enjoyed the fact that this class was not structured and allowed one's imagination to run wild while making their project. I've learned that good imaginations lead to some of the very best designs, both in their amusement and practicality factors.

| Back |