Here's what people THINK the "98" in Windows 98 stands for
10. The number of floppies it will ship on.
9. The percentage of people who will have to upgrade their hardware.
8. The number of megabytes you'll have left on your hard drive after
you complete the installation.
7. The number of pages in the easy installation summary.
6. The percentage of existing programs that won't run in the
new operating system.
5. The number of minutes to install.
4. The number of calls to tech support before you can get it to run.
3. The number of people who will actually PAY for the upgrade.
2. The number of fatal bugs that remain on the release date.
and the number one thing most people think the *98* in WIN98 stands for:
1. The year it was DUE to ship.
Windows '98 source code
TOP SECRET Microsoft(c) Code
Projected release-date: Summer 1998
#define INSTALL = HARD
/* printf("Welcome to Windows 3.11"); */
/* printf("Welcome to Windows 95"); */
printf("Welcome to Windows 98");
system_memory = open("a:\swp0001.swp", O_CREATE);